Sunday, April 10, 2011

Readathon Wrap-Up

party

Oy. I did not get enough sleep last night, I can tell y'all that right now. I went to bed around 5 AM, two hours short of going through to the end of the Readathon. I think I read for just 12 or 13 hours.

Let's move on to the meme.

1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Probably hour 14 when I was getting bored-ish.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Den of Thieves was a good Readathon book. Very fast-pasted.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Maybe have alternate hosts who can step in if something unexpected happens? Also, I was thinking there should be more of Tumblr presence.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The twitter feed was really great this year. Also, I loved the mini-challenges, and I like the idea of keeping track of all the books read during the 'thon.
5. How many books did you read? Um, one.
6. What were the names of the books you read? Den of Thieves, plus I read parts of Alfred Hitchcock by Francois Truffaut, and Snowball in Hell by Josh Lanyon
7. Which book did you enjoy most? Den of Thieves. It's not like I have a huge selection to chose from or anything.
8. Which did you enjoy least? Alfred Hitchcock. It's a good book, for non-fiction, but not the best choice for the Readathon.
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I would say I'm likely. :) I always want to try cheerleading during the next readathon, but then I forget and just do reading.

So. Since I spent all of yesterday reading, I have a lot to do today, and I better get started on it. I had a great time during the Readathon even if I didn't get a lot done. Now it's time to recover. :)



Powered by ScribeFire.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...