Sunday, August 9, 2015

Sunday Snapshot for the 9th of August

The three amigos.


Currently reading:

The same. I finished The Sign of Four but don't have an audiobook I really want to listen to atm.

Posted:

I posted a review of the movie Mr. Holmes on Tuesday.

Movies watched:

jupiter ascending poster
Jupiter Ascending, starring Mila Kunis and Channing Tatum

Jupiter is a bizarrely attractive scullery maid who hates her life. But then, while selling her eggs at a fertility clinic (?), she's kidnapped by a de-winged wolfman named Hair Smeller McSnifferson. She quickly discovers she's the reincarnation of an intergalactic queen and the owner of the Earth. Problem: her newfound relatives want Earth for themselves.

Every criticism you've heard about this movie is entirely accurate. It's two hours long but feels more like six; it recycles every stereotype known to UF and space opera kind; the "action sequences" are a mess and go for way too long, etc. etc. Even Eddie Redmayne isn't enough to save this film. In fact, this might be his worst performance to date. I'd recommend it for hate watching, but I'm not sure it's even that entertaining.

Subscription boxes:

le tote


I got my third Le Tote box this week. I love this service so much. It's a great way to freshen up my wardrobe without actually acquiring more stuff and buying new clothes! I also love how the earrings and necklace go with all three clothing items. I definitely recommend Le Tote.

Theme of the week:

Uhg.

I've been helping my parents with the estate sale they're putting together for my grandfather it is not entertaining on either an emotional or intellectual level. HE HAD SO MUCH STUFF. Like there's an entire pile of individual steak knives he never took out of their packaging. Why would you keep all that? Why???

julia child snl


Also, to make the week even more fun, I cut the tip of my finger off slicing zucchini on a mandolin, and the damn thing bled for three days! Just typing this post has taken twice as long as it usually does.

Bonus:

Charlie byrnes book store


I was going to post this last week but I forgot: 17 Bookstores to Visit in Ireland before you die! I hope the people I'm traveling with like books, because we're hitting all of them (not really, we only have seven days).



Hope you all have a good week!


Discus this post with me on Twitter, FaceBook, Google+ or in the comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...